[TIP] nose/py.test plugins

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Thu Nov 19 17:55:27 PST 2009

Ben Finney wrote:
> David Stanek <dstanek at dstanek.com> writes:
>

>> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Ross Lawley <ross.lawley at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Ned,
>>>
>>> Can I have write access to the repo?  Username: Rozza.
>>>

>> Can't you clone it on bitbucket?
>>

> Someone needs to teach Ned how to collaborate using Mercurial and
> Bitbucket, I think.
>
> Cloning Ned's repository and making changes available in one's clone is
> the right way to do it (not least because it means one doesn't need
> write access to Ned's repository in order to contribute revisions to his
> code base), but that will only work if Ned gets some learnin' from
> someone.

There are many things I don't know about hg and BB, and I would be glad
to learn.  Chiding is all well and good, but teaching is more
effective!  Even a pointer to a focused tutorial would be helpful.
Mercurial offers a bewildering array of options for moving code around:
cloning, forking, branching, patch queues, bundles, maybe more.

I made the repo at holger's request, but nothing has happened there yet.

--Ned.