[TIP] Does nose support suite() method?

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Nov 19 01:28:50 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 09:57 +0100, Ringo De Smet wrote:

> Here is an example of our suite methods:
>
> def suite():
>     dec = DSSSetupDecorator(unittest.makeSuite(BasicFunctionality,"test"))
>     return TestEnvironmentDecorator(dec)
>
> I couldn't find anything related to this in the nose docs, nor could I
> find a bundled or third-party plugin for this.
>
> Any suggestions?

Well, the suite method isn't a magic name, its just convention as far as
it goes.

Python 2.7 has a load_tests hook which the TestLoader discovery can use,
if you need to do special things.

I'm curious why you are moving to nose, if you have a working
environment already. (And I mean no disrepect to nose by asking this -
I'm just curious).

Separately. are you aware of http://pypi.python.org/pypi/junitxml, which
can also provide xml output but without being as either-or as xmlrunner?

-Rob