[TIP] Does nose support suite() method?

Ringo De Smet ringo.desmet at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 00:57:47 PST 2009

Hello,

I have the task of migrating our Python unit test suites from
pyunit+xmlrunner to nose. While nose seems to find the subclasses of
unittest.TestCase, it doesn't seem to support the suite() method which
can be given in a module. We use this setup, according section 26.3.2
from (1) quite heavily.

(1) http://docs.python.org/library/unittest.html

Here is an example of our suite methods:

def suite():
    dec = DSSSetupDecorator(unittest.makeSuite(BasicFunctionality,"test"))
    return TestEnvironmentDecorator(dec)

I couldn't find anything related to this in the nose docs, nor could I
find a bundled or third-party plugin for this.

Any suggestions?

Ringo