[TIP] Profiling deployed WSGI web apps

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Tue May 12 13:21:54 PDT 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Marius Gedminas <marius at gedmin.as> wrote:
> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 01:07:27PM -0500, Olemis Lang wrote:
>> Please ... perhaps this is not related with writing functional tests
>> and so on, but is undoubtedly related to testing web apps ... thereby
>> IMHO is not OT to ask this here -CMIIW anyway- :
>>
>> Q: How could I use some kind of profiling to discover those parts of a
>> deployed web app having poor performance in order to start further
>> analyses to find the root causes -the later feature possibly not
>> included- ? Is there any WSGI ( or Apache | mod_py-specific )
>> middleware -filters or whatever- helping with that kind of analysis ?
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/keas.profile
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/repoze.profile

Thnx very much !

However I just wanted to ask something simple before reading about and
trying'em in detail. Just to save some time ... you know ;o)

Q: Are they general purpose middleware or are tied to specific
frameworks (e.g. Zope) ? I mean, can I use them both to analyse any
WSGI wep app ?

Thnx very much, once again !
:^)

--