[TIP] Profiling deployed WSGI web apps

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Tue May 12 11:07:27 PDT 2009

Please ... perhaps this is not related with writing functional tests
and so on, but is undoubtedly related to testing web apps ... thereby
IMHO is not OT to ask this here -CMIIW anyway- :

Q: How could I use some kind of profiling to discover those parts of a
deployed web app having poor performance in order to start further
analyses to find the root causes -the later feature possibly not
included- ? Is there any WSGI ( or Apache | mod_py-specific )
middleware -filters or whatever- helping with that kind of analysis ?

The tests should be done in a real scenary (... I mean a running
server doing «real tasks» with tons of data and so on ...)

Thanks in advance,

--
Regards,

Olemis.