[TIP] "midget" pony continuous integration tool

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed May 6 17:45:24 PDT 2009

holger krekel <holger at merlinux.eu> writes:

> FYI, with py.test you can do:
>
>     py.test --looponfailing
>
> which will run all your tests, then wait for changes,
> re-run only your failures, wait for changes, ...,

So, if I make a change to fix one of the failures and inadvertantly
break a test that previously succeeded, I can go an indeterminate number
of code-test cycles before I find out about it?

That seems like the canonical reason why “run the entire unit test
suite every time” is good practice, and I can't see why the above
behaviour would be desirable.

--
 \        “I went to court for a parking ticket; I pleaded insanity. I |
  `\   said ‘Your Honour, who in their right mind parks in the passing |