[TIP] Everybody wants a pony!

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Tue Mar 31 09:37:28 PDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 11:34:55AM -0500, Kumar McMillan wrote:
-> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Jesse Noller <jnoller at gmail.com> wrote:
-> >>
-> >> Titus, if you *must* spend your precious spare time (your hourly rate
-> >> is what now? priceless?) on this then at the very least make a Python
-> >> clone of Hudson :) ?But seriously, give it a fair try and I think
-> >> you'll like it.
-> >>
-> >> It has a plugin system too. ?I assume one could write plugins using Jython even.
-> >
-> > I don't think what titus is proposing would omit the idea or
-> > expansion-to a hudson-clone. In fact, I'd like to add some of the
-> > ideas and concepts found in hudson to something like this.
->
-> In all honesty I think it would be unfortunate if someone spent the
-> time to clone Hudson in Python.  There is nothing wrong with it.
-> (Yes, I am slightly enamored ... but with justification!  We have used
-> it in place of Buildbot for about 5 months now.)

To use Hudson, you need the JVM.  Now you have two problems...

(Think Snakebite, Kumar.)

--t
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu