[TIP] PyCon BoF

Paul Hildebrandt Paul.Hildebrandt at disneyanimation.com
Tue Mar 24 23:53:22 PDT 2009

C. Titus Brown wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:50:33AM +1300, Noah Gift wrote:
> -> Let me digress even further.  Any chance someone is interested in enhancing
> -> pythoscope to support a legacy Perl mode?  I won't be at PyCon, but am
> -> interested in the idea of creating functional tests specs in Python for
> -> legacy Perl code.
>
> I will do it...
>
> ...for one meeeeeeeelyun dollars!
>
> Seriously, it would take that much to get me to work on Perl internals.
>
> --titus

I don't want to under cut Titus but I would be willing to do it for
$990,000.  That is a full 10k less.  Seriously though, it would be
really hard.  I Googled for a Perl unit test generator and found nothing
but another person asking for one.  Hmmm I wonder if Parrot
(http://www.parrot.org/) would help you with the task of integrating
Python unit tests with Perl modules though.  It will be so nice when you
have test coverage and can use all the good Python tools and then slowly
replace the Perl code when you need to touch that area of code.

Paul