[TIP] Fwd: unittest q: keeping track of the *right* number of tests

Victoria G. Laidler laidler at stsci.edu
Tue Mar 24 13:24:41 PDT 2009

Olemis Lang wrote:

>>> -> The solution we have adopted is to build this into a separate
>>> -> test report system, which remembers the names of all the tests
>>> -> that have previously been run in a given environment and
>>> -> reports any missing tests.
>>>

>> The code is a bit hackish right now, but at least
>> some pieces of it will be in a shareable state in the relatively
>> near future.
>>

>> Wow ! At least this sounds great ... this is the kind of ideas I
>> really like to hear and see in action ... ;)
>>
>> Is this developped by an specific public FOSS project ? ... or is it
>> just implemented for an specific app ? I mention this in order to know
>> more about its development, future releases ... and if I ever find
>> some time, well ... to volunteer a little too ... ;o)

Hi Olemis,

Thanks for your enthusiasm! It is nothing so formal at this point - just
something
we have put together to manage our own group's testing, with the
intention of releasing
it eventually if it seemed to be generally useful. Sounds like it might
be - our plans
will probably be influenced by discussions at Pycon this weekend.

Vicki