[TIP] Parallel test runner in python?

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Thu Mar 12 01:05:28 PDT 2009

Hi Muriel,

Indeed, as Kumar nicely points out, py.test has support for
sending tests to multiple machines and running them in
parallel.  It cares for synchronizing a working directory with
remote machines.  It does not require anything on the remote
side other than Python.  It has its own rsync protocol
implemented in python.  However, the upcoming support in
py.test 1.0 is more stable than the very experimental one in
0.9.2   You can get it from current
http://codespeak.net/svn/py/trunk.  Also because I'll give a
tutorial about working with dist-testing at pycon dist you can
expect some more docs and get-started information in the next
3 weeks.

Regarding Selenium Grid - do you plan to integrate your
python tests with it or did you provide pointers
for telling what you need?

cheers,
holger

Metaprogramming, Python, Testing: http://tetamap.wordpress.com