[TIP] Parallel test runner in python?

muriel bowie muriel.bowie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 06:38:41 PDT 2009

We are planning to use python with Selenium Grid [1], and I was
wondering if anyone else has done this before. What we need is a way
to run the python tests in parallel on different machines, similar to
DeepTest in Ruby [4] (sorry for mentioning the R word here ;) ). There
was a thread on this list in December 2007 [2], but I can't find any
follow-ups to this. Also, there seemed to be plans to integrate
parallel testing with nose [3] in 2008. So, the question is: has
anything been done so far?

I am currently looking into using test.py, but I just want to make
sure there is nothing else out there that I am missing.

Thanks,
Muriel

[1] http://selenium-grid.seleniumhq.org/
[2] http://lists.idyll.org/pipermail/testing-in-python/2007-December/000463.html