[TIP] Looking for a decent issue tracking system

Jeff Younker jeff at drinktomi.com
Mon Jun 22 13:32:27 PDT 2009

On Jun 22, 2009, at 11:30 AM, Kumar McMillan wrote:

> I really like doing scrum-style, iterative development using Pivotal
> Tracker http://www.pivotaltracker.com/  It does a lot of what you are
> asking, like precompute velocity.  It even goes so far as to restrict
> what you put in a sprint until your velocity is ready to handle more
> stories :)  You pretty much have to succumb to these kind of decisions
> though, it is not as customizable as something like Trac or Jira.  I
> highly recommend it though.

I gotta second this recommendation.  Tracker is an amazing tool.
Its basic feature set was designed by a programmer-project
manager (Ian McFarland, one of the principles at Pivotal) and the
interface and interaction was done by a fabulous UI designer
named, I believe, Arina (sounds a lot like Irina, but with a weird
spelling, last name unknown.)  They did an *amazing* job.

-jeff (who has a half done trac-tracker integration)