[TIP] After upgrade to coverage 3.0.1, nosetests --with-coverage shows zero lines covered!

Doug Latornell doug at sadahome.ca
Thu Jul 16 09:45:08 PDT 2009

Thanks for the suggestions, Ned.  I confirmed that the problem exists in a
minimal TG 1.0.5 project:

alec:coverage-test$ tg-admin quickstart spam
alec:coverage-test$ cd spam/
alec:spam$ nosetests --with-coverage --cover-package=spam --cover-erase
..
Name               Stmts   Exec  Cover   Missing
spam                   1      1   100%
spam.config            1      1   100%
spam.controllers       7      0     0%   1-13
spam.templates         1      1   100%
TOTAL                 10      3    30%
Ran 2 tests in 1.492s

OK
alec:spam$ sudo easy_install "coverage==2.85"
alec:spam$ nosetests --with-coverage --cover-package=spam --cover-erase
..
Name               Stmts   Exec  Cover   Missing
spam                   0      0   100%
spam.config            0      0   100%
spam.controllers       7      7   100%
spam.templates         0      0   100%
TOTAL                  7      7   100%
Ran 2 tests in 9.206s

OK

Next, I'll try your -L option suggestion, and the logging from tip.

Re: -L is there a way to pass a switch to coverage through the nose
plug-in?  AFAIK, the TG quickstart project template relies on nose for test
discovery.  The test module has nothing like a unittest.main() interface.

Doug