[TIP] ANN: oejskit 0.8.5 JavaScript in-browser testing and utility kit with py.test plugin

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 07:38:58 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Olemis Lang<olemis at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 3:49 AM, Nicolas
> Chauvat<nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

> Hi !
>
>> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 10:17:22AM +0200, Samuele Pedroni wrote:
>>> I would consider patches/addtions in those directions.
>>
>> If Marius and you were able to provide a version that does not depend
>> on py.test that would be great. Thank you in advance for considering
>> that option.
>>

> Yes I think so . It's a good idea. I'd like to try it and I dont use
> py.test either .

In fact some time ago I was thinking about something like this using
Google's PyV8 (BTW is V8 considered by jskit ? ) together with
unittest but I've been very busy since then :-/

It is very important to have real DOMs for JS tests, and the variety
of browser implementations (especially MSIE :$ ) is a real source of
madness in web dev (oh yes ! I love JQuery, Dojo and other JS
frameworks ;).

--
Regards,

Olemis.