[TIP] Teaching pylint about keyword placeholders in string formatting

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Thu Jul 16 05:06:55 PDT 2009

Hello,

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 10:45:53AM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> I craft a configuration file for pylint (there's unfortunately no good
> documentation on this file, but ‘pylint --generate-rcfile > foo.conf’
> will give you an editable configuration file), so that the reports
> better match project conventions.

We tend to write more code than documentation which is bad when it
means hidden useful features. There is a "documentation" tab on
http://www.logilab.org/project/pylint but maybe what people would like
to find about is not there.

As you are saying "pylint --generate-rcfile" is the way to go.

Where would you be looking for that information if you did not already
know it? Tell me and I will put it there :)

--
Nicolas Chauvat