[TIP] ANN: oejskit 0.8.5 JavaScript in-browser testing and utility kit with py.test plugin

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Tue Jul 14 14:40:40 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 03:28:33PM +0200, Samuele Pedroni wrote:
> jskit contains infrastructure and in particular a py.test plugin to
> enable running unit tests for JavaScript code inside browsers. The
> plugin requires py.test 1.0

I've had an opportunity to use it before and loved the idea: JavaScript
unit tests with real browser DOM implementations, integrated with your
main test suite.  Unfortunately I couldn't use it on my project because
we don't use py.test.

As a result, I've an independent reimplementation that doesn't require
py.test.  It is less powerful (e.g. no arbitrary severs-side Python code
integration via WSGI) and somewhat hacky (spawns a thread with a trivial
HTTP server implemented on top of Python's SimpleHTTPServer).  I use it
with zope.testing but it should work with any unittest-compatible
framework.

I'd be happy to open-source it with the same MIT licence if there's
interest (and if I can come up with a name).

Marius Gedminas
--
Similarly, many of us don't care for slacker email correspondence where all the
words are in lower case. Frankly, if you're going to bother to write to me, the