[TIP] [nose-users] Re: ANN: Nose Plugin to run JavaScript tests

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 16:11:05 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 3:42 PM, John J Lee <jjl at pobox.com> wrote:
>> Hmm, actually, I think it was just my misunderstanding of the original
>> docs when it said you can't call a method *in Python* that was defined
>> in JavaScript.  But calling a method in JS defined in JS probably
>> always worked.
>
> What docs say that?  Both should be possible.  I don't work on it, I'm
> just curious.

It was a doctest example on the page Atul posted:
http://code.google.com/p/python-spidermonkey/
under Limitations, this line:

>>> cx.eval_script("function foo(x) { return x + 1; }; foo;")
{'prototype': {}}

showing how the return value is not a python function, like you might expect.

>> version but had no luck.  There were no instructions and I had a lot
>> of trouble getting the XUL dy-libs to bind correctly.  I forget
>> exactly how I first got it to build in Atul's fork.
>
> Better off asking Paul, I guess.  You didn't mention which OS platform
> you're on, BTW.

yeah, I'll try to bug him about it.  It looks like he has disabled
issue tracking on github but I posted my progress on the wiki:
http://wiki.github.com/davisp/python-spidermonkey/building-on-mac-os-x