[TIP] ANN: Nose Plugin to run JavaScript tests

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 21:26:08 PST 2009

I've been messing around with a Nose plugin that discovers JavaScript
test files (just like .py files but ending in .js).  It collects them
and runs them all at the end in a java subprocess using Rhino.  Not
the most elegant solution but so far it seems like a nice way to
maintain a test suite of both Python and JavaScript code.

easy_install NoseJS

Documentation: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/NoseJS

It's still experimental so if anyone has a suite of JavaScript tests
please let me know if it works or not.  There is some support for
JavaScript libraries that are tied to the DOM of a browser.

-Kumar

PS. Even though the root of the word "Rhinocerous" means nose in
ancient Greek I still couldn't think of a clever name that wasn't,
well, too clever.