[TIP] Going From Untested Perl to Tested Python

Noah Gift noah.gift at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 15:16:39 PST 2009

Hi,

I am starting to convert a rather large code base from untested Perl
to tested Python.  One idea I had was to write tests in Python, that
tests the Perl code.  Once I have the core functionality worked out,
the next step is to rewrite it in Python, and finish off unit testing.
 Has anyone else done something like this, and if so do you have
recommendations?

For the Python code that is untested I am using Pythoscope, which is
quite nice so far.

--
Cheers,

Noah