[TIP] unitteset outcomes (pass/fail/xfail/error), humans and automation

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 13:10:34 PST 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Robert Collins
<robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 09:45 -0500, Olemis Lang wrote:
>
>> And also to treat then uniformly . I mean I am using testing framework
>> X and suddenly switch to TF Y and that's transparent for all apps
>> processing the test results (CI slaves or whatever ;o) ...
>
> I don't think that such a change can be transparent in all cases.

Ok, just mentioned the idea ... we should look for an acceptable approximation

>> > Well, on the standardising output front, have you looked at subunit ? :)
>> > It aims at precisely that, with current included support for outputtin
>> > it from pyunit, shunit, cppunit, 'check' (A C xUnit implementation),
>> > converting to junit's xml format (which nearly all CI tools and many
>> > IDE's understand) :)
>>
>> ... the serialization of the test results is another subject , but could be
>> simpler if all TFs report test results following a well-known
>> (model | pattern | standard | specification ...)
>
> CouldaWouldaShoulda :- testing frameworks don't all follow xUnit,

I know but I was assuming it was just about xUnit because the subject
only mentions unittest aka PyUnit ;o)
So the scope goes beyond xUnit or not ?

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Free jacknife 1.3.4 v2 Download - mac software  -
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TracGViz-full/~3/q0HBIH_50wQ/