[TIP] How do I run the same test on many different classes?

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 06:17:37 PST 2009

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Robert Collins
<robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-12-13 at 20:32 +0000, Michael Foord wrote:
>>
>> I believe that the Bzr guys (?) do this by copying TestCase classes.
>
> https://edge.launchpad.net/testscenarios
>
> This is a modular form of what we do in bzr.
>
> TaskN are implementations of Task to be injected into the TestTask
> tests.

I wanted to know something about this approach vs cloning the test suite :

Q:
  - In this case d'u use the same test case instance in order to
perform the test ?

If you do that then (considering the outcomes recorded in the
TestResult instance ;o) things have two meanings IMO :

  - The same test case was run and failed many times (what I think
    that happens in that approach ... CMIIW)
  - A different test case was run for each concrete class but they all
    perform the same assertions (what happens when cloning the test suite)

IMO I found that the later was more accurate since instances of
TestCase recorded in test results may contain important data useful
for post-mortem analysis (and I needed that considering the particular
requirements I had once upon a time ;o) .

Looking forward to your reply

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Free jacknife 1.3.4 v2 Download - mac software  -
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TracGViz-full/~3/q0HBIH_50wQ/