[TIP] - ATP problem

Ryan Freckleton ryan.freckleton at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 09:22:11 PDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 2:34 AM, yoav glazner<yoavglazner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well i sphinx lib is great but i guess this battle is lost, I'll write the
> ATP in word =(
> one thing i don't get is my company is the only company the wants this
> stupid documents?
>
> all testing packages in python just let you write tests easily and don't
> care about non-programmers that want to review the tests.
> this is fine by me but not my bosses...
>
> I'll like to have some input on this, what is the standard?

It's pretty standard for testing documents to be in MS Word at my
workplace. This includes both high-level documents that are primarily
used by non-technical people and detailed test plans that are only
used by engineers.

Occasionally a company will allow the engineers to do all the test
plans on a Wiki, but I've only heard of that once.

There are a couple of tools designed to be editable or readable both
by technical and non-technical people. Like FIT/Fitnesse, but I'm not
sure that would exactly meet your needs.

There is actually an standard (IEEE 829
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_829) covering various types of
artifacts to plan testing and report testing results. It tends to be
*very* heavy weight though.

(Forgot to send to list. Sorry for the spam Yoav)
=====
--Ryan E. Freckleton