[TIP] continuous integration - what are you using?

Arve Knudsen arve.knudsen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 11:18:46 PDT 2009

This has been a very interesting/enlightening thread, great initiative :) At
my workplace we write a mix of C++ and Python (mostly the former) for
Windows and Linux, and Buildbot has proved very useful aid in our
development process, especially since it catches a lot of compilation errors
(typically code that compiles on one platform, but not on the other). I feel
that making use of Buildbot has simplified our collaborative processes
greatly, due to how it tends to nip problems in the bud. We don't extract
any reports from the BB runs, apart from the waterfall view.

Our slaves run on three VMware virtual machines at the time being. We
haven't had this setup for very long, so we're still kind of getting to
grips with it. We're also in the process of integrating it with Squish,
which is our tool for testing our Qt-based applications. If we can make this
combination work properly for us, I will be quite content :]

Arve