[TIP] continuous integration - what are you using?

Doug Latornell doug at sadahome.ca
Fri Aug 28 17:25:54 PDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Marius Gedminas <marius at gedmin.as> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 04:06:04PM -0700, C. Titus Brown wrote:
> > I think I'm going to do a comparison of CI tools soon, and I wanted to
> > know what people are using in their Python projects.
>
> Buildbot.  It's powerful, but inconvenient to set up.
>
> Marius Gedminas

Likewise.  I switched to buildbot from a home-brewed Python script
earlier this year.  The old script ran several nightly builds
sequentially on a single machine.  I needed to spread the testing over
a bunch of machines to speed things up, and also wanted to add
on-commit builds.  It looked like it would be easier to adopt buildbot
rather than try to satisfy the new requirements with my own script.

As Marious say, buildbot it powerful, but it was a lot of work to set up.

Doug Latornell