[TIP] continuous integration - what are you using?

Samuele Pedroni pedronis at openend.se
Fri Aug 28 07:41:06 PDT 2009

C. Titus Brown wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think I'm going to do a comparison of CI tools soon, and I wanted to
> know what people are using in their Python projects.  So far I'm
> planning on looking at these three:
>
> Hudson
> CruiseControl
> buildbot
>
> plus pony-build as a different (and differently problematic, I'm afraid)
> way of doing things.
>
> I don't get the sense that bitten is used terribly much, but I'm willing
> to change my mind if I get many howls of protest.
>
> Anything else that people think I should look at?

For PyPy (and also at work) we use buidbot with py.test but we wrote our
own failure-oriented status page based on machine readable py.test
logs.

An example is here:

http://codespeak.net:8099/summary

(there's been quite a bit of churn and merging and branch work in PyPy
right now, so it doesn't look that beatiful at the moment)