[TIP] continuous integration - what are you using?

Noah Gift noah.gift at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 17:23:44 PDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Jesse Noller <jnoller at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Mark Waite<markwaite at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > We traded "perfectly suited to our needs" for "meets most of our
> > needs sooner".
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark Waite
>
> And this is why I've gone over to hudson. As much as I dislike not
> having something tweaked for my special needs, it's dirt simple to get
> up and running, and adding slaves is as simple as an SSH login.

I used Buildbot at my current place and it is ok for doing automated testing
on checkin.  I have buildbot run nosetests --with-coverage it does generate
a coverage report that I use.  I just finished a automated software release
system in the past 4 days that will work with Buildbot in that tags get
automatically created, then that code gets exported to the filesystem.
Next, plugins, optionally, get run and the plugins get passed the metadata
that occured during the tagged release.  One of my goals is automatically
build code metric reports via a pre-processing plugin.  I would like to open
source this at some point...

At one point I dug into bitten, and it looks pretty cool, but it was
"really" rough getting everything to work.

Btw, I have an article on continuous integration systems in Python due this
coming Monday.  If anyone here would like to review some of it this weekend,
please let me know.

Noah

> jesse

Thanks,