[TIP] continuous integration - what are you using?

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Aug 27 16:17:14 PDT 2009

C. Titus Brown wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think I'm going to do a comparison of CI tools soon, and I wanted to
> know what people are using in their Python projects.  So far I'm
> planning on looking at these three:
>
> Hudson
> CruiseControl

We used to use CruiseControl.NET until we broke it.

We replaced it with a homegrown Python distributed build system. :-) (So
none of the above...)

At one point our continuous integration was a 130 line Python script (an
SVN post commit hook would touch a file the Python script was watching
to alert it that a new checkin had been made. After a while we just ran
tests in a continuous loop anyway not waiting for a new checkin - just
always doing a fresh checkout of head every loop. Then we added the
ability to distribute tests across multiple machines with a central web
app to display the status of runs and control them; so uhm... it's grown
a bit since the start).

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/