[TIP] ANNOUNCE: pyjunitxml

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 11:49:24 PDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Olemis Lang<olemis at gmail.com> wrote:

>> For people running tests using Nose, there has been support since 0.11
>> for XUnit style output:
>> http://somethingaboutorange.com/mrl/projects/nose/0.11.1/plugins/xunit.html
>>  Just thought I'd mention it since we have made some tweaks here and
>> there to get stderr and stdout to work, unicode, escaping, Jython, and
>> probably a few other edge cases.
>>

> If you'r saying that nose outputs the same or similar XML format (it's
> not very clear to me after I read your message),

yep, just saying that Nose supports XUnit output out of the box now.

> well It seems that
> BItten guys are using it somehow [1]_ . Isnt it ?
>

> .. [1] Enable bitten to use nose unittests
>        (http://bitten.edgewall.org/ticket/147)

I don't know if this is exactly XUnit format but it does look similar.
 I imagine they wrote theirs first judging by how the ticket was
opened 3 years ago.  There were also a few other 3rd party plugins
that did xunit output before it became part of Nose core.

Kumar