[TIP] does licensing of test tools matter?

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Wed Aug 5 07:23:40 PDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 09:31 +0200, holger krekel wrote:
> Hi TIP,
>
> i was wondering the other day - is licensing of test libs and
> tools and issue for anyone here?

let me re-phrase to have a more concise question: did anyone
actually base their past choice of a testing tool on its license?

My impression so far was: nobody did.  And i haven't heart anything
to the contrary yet.  Makes sense, i guess, from a practical point
of view as (so far) running a test tool is separated from the
actual distribution and deployment of the code under test.

cheers,
holger