[TIP] Coverage 3.0 beta 2

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Apr 29 20:31:15 PDT 2009

Ned Batchelder <ned at nedbatchelder.com> writes:

> I'm working on a major overhaul of coverage.py, version 3.0. Beta 2 is
> now ready (I hope).

Thanks for the work, and the announcement.

> Changes in 3.0:

The majority of this sounds great. Thanks!

> - Coverage.py is now a package rather than a module, so the name is a
> bit of a misnomer, since there is no longer a file named coverage.py.
> Functionality has been split into classes.

While it's still in beta is probably a good time to raise this: Can this
be changed before releasing 3.0? Misnomers, especially a ‘foo.py’ that's
not actually a Python source file but a distribution name, are to be
avoided. Can't this just be named “Coverage”?

--
 \         “Of all classes the rich are the most noticed and the least |
  `\      studied.” —John Kenneth Galbraith, _The Age of Uncertainty_, |