[TIP] Ideology

Doug Philips dgou at mac.com
Tue Apr 28 20:37:39 PDT 2009

On Tuesday, April 28, 2009, at 02:11PM, C. Titus Brown indited:
>What advantages does unittest give you over nothing at all?  i.e. how
>much code would you need to write to just have your own custom test
>runner, do you think?

I've thought about that a lot over the past two years.
Eyeballing it, probably 70%

We don't use the nested hierarchical TestSuite stuff at all (and take pains to flatten the hierarchy), and some of the reporting we've modified pretty heavily; the rest we use most of. Because of the (partial) refactorings of the internals that we did its not a quick 'diff'. :)

-Doug