[TIP] Skipping tests (was:Re: Ideology)

Douglas Philips dgou at mac.com
Sat Apr 25 08:19:17 PDT 2009

On or about 2009 Apr 24, at 5:50 PM, Doug Hellmann indited:
> I'm just not tracking the fact that the test exists and is being
> skipped.  I see the value in that, though.  If I had it to do over,
> I probably would load the test and include it in the report as
> skipped.

Yeah. "We" are paranoid that we'll run into some kind of glitch that
would cause tests to be ignored/forgotten/etc. and that our result
reporting mechanism won't notice. :)  Right now we do a semi-manual
process of eyeballing the total number of tests reported in the logs
to make sure it doesn't decrease. This is another reason I'm ready to
scratch the "common test result" itch that Titus brought up at the
#pycon Testing BOF. I was already eager to light that fire, and #pycon
provided the spark.

-Doug