[TIP] Ideology

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Fri Apr 24 12:34:42 PDT 2009

-> The SkipTest exception is an interesting solution.  It seems like it
-> would work well for tests where fixtures aren't expensive, but I've
-> found that explicitly tagging tests to be run or not works better for
-> me.  The tag can be applied conditionally via a decorator when the
-> test is imported, so you still get the dynamic behavior based on
-> available resources.

In pygr, I actually raise SkipTest in the setUp function, so it doesn't
cost anything.

If I could use decorators I might have gone with tagging.

cheers,
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu