[TIP] Ideology

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Wed Apr 22 22:34:10 PDT 2009

In case people are interested, here are four alternatives I came up with
for conditionally defining tests:

http://github.com/ctb/pygr/tree/runtest_single_x/trial/

tests.py -- basic broken example

tests-no-append.py -- what we do now, not compatible with some other
	test selection code that we want to add

tests-skip.py -- fails in unittest, but can yield informative message
	to those not using nose/not having necessary resources

tests-skip-by-nodef.py -- succeeds, not pretty

test-skip-hack.py -- my proposed actual hack, which only requires
	modifying the unittest test runner in a minor way.

cheers,
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu