[TIP] Ideology

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 09:03:12 PDT 2009

Sorry I didnt see this msg :-/

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Douglas Philips <dgou at mac.com> wrote:
> On 2009 Apr 21, at 10:11 AM, C. Titus Brown indited:
>

>> Have other people run into problems doing this or should I stop
>> worrying
>> and just shut up?  (hah)
>
> So then the meta question is: Can I buy just the complexity I actually
> need?
> No, not if it is wired in.

... and especially if there's no flexibility to do it my own way ;o)
but maybe that's another debate :-§

> If the pieces are compose-able then I only pay for the complexity I
> need.
> Plugins are still cost the plug-in complexity where/when I don't need
> it, even though the cost seems pretty minor.
>
> I think the point of asking such questions as these are to get to the
> root of what is really needed, rather than accepting some kinds of
> complexity as given...

That's a very good point IMHO. Having classes doing a very specific
task (and nothing else), very well, and besides a mechanism to put
them all together in order to satisfy more complex needs ... that's
cool and useful, IMHO .

--
Regards,

Olemis.