[TIP] Ideology

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Tue Apr 21 08:17:33 PDT 2009

-> Your test framework should have unit tests - and yes, you'll need to
-> treat it like any other piece of software, tests, docs, and debugging.

Aiee, that sounds like work!

-> Better to have to test and debug a framework, then to shove the
-> complexity down into hundreds of tests, which would ultimately result
-> in fantastic amounts of copy/pasting within the tests.

Well, yes.

-> It's a matter of choice: where do you want the complexity to lie? In
-> the framework designer's bucket, or the test designer's? I tend
-> towards the latter obviously (consider the abstractions that Django
-> provides).

I'd rather it be simple. No complexity allowed. Didn't you read my blog
post??

--titus, rearranging the world around him since the late '80s...
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu