[TIP] Functional Test Runner for Command Line Tools?

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 21:22:21 PDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 12:27 AM, Noah Gift <noah.gift at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

I generally just call my_command.main() or call the command with
subprocess and use TempIO() to set up an environment for script
artifacts -- http://farmdev.com/projects/fixture/using-temp-io.html

... but there is also ScriptTest -- http://pythonpaste.org/scripttest/
-- which I have used before too.  It sets up everything you need to
test scripts in a subprocess.  It has some conventions that it wants
you to follow but once you get used to them it's nifty.

Kumar