[TIP] Functional Test Runner for Command Line Tools?

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Tue Apr 14 20:33:57 PDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 04:15:57PM +1200, Noah Gift wrote:
-> In looking at http://pycheesecake.org/wiki/PythonTestingToolsTaxonomy
-> I don't see something that automates writing functional tests for
-> command line tools.  Hopefully, I am wrong, but I am looking for
-> something that will fully exercise a command line tool easily.  How is
-> everyone else testing their command line tools?

We evaluated TextTest about 5 years ago.  It's explicitly designed for
this purpose, but (IMO) falls short of truly being useful, at least for
the way I write code.

cheers,
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu