[TIP] Result protocol / problems being solved

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Apr 14 02:47:07 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-14 at 10:36 +0100, Michael Foord wrote:

> Personally I think duration is the information you are likely to *want*
> and as stop can be derived from start and duration it makes sense to
> include those two. Not a big deal however (at Resolver Systems we use
> the duration to track tests that slow down and to analyse how to reduce
> overall test run time by looking at the long running tests).

The reason I went with clock events in subunit was to allow calculating
both 'time' and 'duration' and replaying them back to unittest at
arbitrarily later times.

I plan to keep proposing patches to make this sort of thing visible in
unittest - but I don't want to have a large set of patches pending.

Speaking of which...

how is the startTestRun/stopTestRun patch - is it good to go?

-Rob