[TIP] Result protocol / problems being solved

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Apr 14 02:36:47 PDT 2009

Scott David Daniels wrote:
> laidler at stsci.edu wrote:
>
>> 5. I want to be able to do statistics on my test results.
>>
>> Implications: include start&stop times along with host/execution environment; allow a way to associate arbitrary quantities of interest with a test result.
>>

> The reason I like start & duration rather than start and stop is that
> duration may be available with far more precision than something
> capable of providing date and time.  I'm not saying it will always
> be provided.

Personally I think duration is the information you are likely to *want*
and as stop can be derived from start and duration it makes sense to
include those two. Not a big deal however (at Resolver Systems we use
the duration to track tests that slow down and to analyse how to reduce
overall test run time by looking at the long running tests).

Michael

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/