[TIP] Result protocol

Douglas Philips dgou at mac.com
Sun Apr 12 17:57:20 PDT 2009

On or about 2009 Apr 12, at 10:34 AM, Jesse Noller indited:
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 11:36 PM, Douglas Philips <dgou at mac.com>
> wrote:

>> If we all want to interoperate, and the protocol is covered by GPL?
>
> Personally, anything I do will be under a BSDish license. Business
> reasons.

Oddly, I cannot find any kind of license info on either the YAML main
page (http://www.yaml.org/) nor on the current draft (http://yaml.org/spec/cvs/current.html
) nor the one before that (which is what PyYaml supports)...
(the links also look fairly broken, you can't download the 1.1 spec
from http://yaml.org/spec/1.1/ because those links all point to
'current' which is 1.2).

I've looked at it a bit and it seems, in the simplest form, only
slightly different from Pandokia's format.
Pandokia uses '=' and YAML uses ':'. Pandokia uses a leading '.' for a
continued line, YAML uses indentation for aggregation. Still need to
dig into YAML more but now that I've gotten a taste of it, its not so
bad. :)

Need to look at your example in more detail too.

-Doug