[TIP] Nosejobs!

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Apr 10 20:29:47 PDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 11:21 -0400, Jesse Noller wrote:
> Before I go and reinvent the wheel, I wanted to ping everyone and see
> if anyone using nose had done any work to be able to remotely submit
> jobs to a machine w/ nose installed.
> The only requirements would be that python, nose and any nose plugins
> you want would need to be pre-installed on the client. The daemon
> would need to be running. Everything else could be bootstrapped within
> the job.
>
> This is a really rough idea derived from previous work I've done. The
> second part is to be able to include a "product build" within the job,
> and add a plugin which allows for the product to be
> installed/configured and then have the tests executed.

Sounds basically like buildbot :).

I personally don't see much difference between submimtting directly via
ssh or via xmlrpc or any other mechanism.

Anyhow, the key bits of glue you need are already written. nose exists,
Ronny Pfannschmidt wrote glue code to get nose reporting via subunit,
and unpacking a tar and running nose on the tar contents is pretty
easy :).

-Rob