[TIP] Nosejobs!

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Thu Apr 9 11:57:00 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 13:36 -0500, Kumar McMillan wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Doug Philips <dgou at mac.com> wrote:
> > IIRC, at PyCon 2009, the py.test folks demo'd that very thing. IIRC2, you didn't need to have py.test already installed on the remote system, but I'm not sure.
> >

> At the moment I believe you need the whole pypy package to use it?

huh?  beware! :)

With "easy_install py" you'll get some 10 KLocs of actual code
(it comes with tests and all - i am currently working hard on
streamlining and downstripping the core code, btw)

> Holger can jump in and clarify but the piece at work was pyexecnet (?)
> and as I recall this will be pulled out of pypy soon into a standalone
> package for nose and anything else to use.

no PyPy needed at all. See here for more info on distribution topics:

    http://codespeak.net/py/dist/execnet.html
    http://codespeak.net/py/dist/test.html

cheers,
holger