[TIP] Test discovery for unittest

Douglas Philips dgou at mac.com
Tue Apr 7 20:55:05 PDT 2009

On or about 2009 Apr 7, at 10:50 PM, C. Titus Brown indited:
> This tendency of each project to (re)invent useful, interesting, and
> proven little tidbits of functionality and then HIDE them in
> impenetrable layers of Python code is starting to get on my nerves ;)

Just to be clear, it is not the functionality that wears upon the
nerves, but the packaging?

> Maybe this would be a good topic for next year's TIP BoF: "How our own
> little corner of the Python world has warped and twisted the standard
> Python unittest/doctest/etc. framework to fit our needs".  Format:
> deathmatch lightning talks...

Charge admission! I'd pay to see that.
Duelists get in free, spectators have to...
...bring a six pack?
...Tesla Coil?
...Electroshock Chess Clock?

> p.s. It should be possible to write a big, nasty plugin for nose that
> would do the layers thing.  Not sure.

Simple Nose Onion Template?

-Doug