[TIP] Test discovery for unittest

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Tue Apr 7 19:38:31 PDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 09:33:56AM -0500, Olemis Lang wrote:
-> I want u to think, and pls tell me if DiscoveringTestSuite is mixin
-> phase 1 (carried on by test loaders) and phase 2 (carried on by suites
-> and test cases), or not. I want u to tell me if this class combines
-> two orthogonal roles, mixing things and negating traditional XUnit
-> separation of concerns.

Hey Olemis,

just one quick comment to cut through the thicket of
challenge/responses:

Practicality beats purity.  Quoting XUnit Patterns to me and/or basing
your discussion on nomenclature taken from XUnit Patterns isn't going to
convince me ;).  Actual examples of screwups caused by such decisions
are more interesting than citations, at least to me.

(Yeah, I may not make a very good academic ;)

cheers,