[TIP] removeTest() method patch for unittest.TestSuite

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 09:05:04 PDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 6:44 AM, Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> There is a patch on the Python bug tracker to add a removeTest() method
> to TestSuite.
>
> http://bugs.python.org/issue1778410
>
> It sounds like a useful method to me. Any comments on the feature or
> patch (it only allows the removal of individual tests by recursing into
> the test suite and comparing the string representation of tests!)?

If there are enough valid use cases I think that's right ;)

What about the interactions between names and test suites containing
several other complex test suites ? What about suites (in this case a
child of the one whose removeTest() is to be called ;) having names
that change according to the number of children they contain ?

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Se retira el BDFL ... ¿El fin de Python 3k?