[TIP] test results tracking, etc...

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 07:30:03 PDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 11:33 PM, Douglas Philips <dgou at mac.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is of interest on this list,

I think so ... ;)

> since a lot of what
> I saw and heard at PyCon (and on this list since I've joined) was
> either plain unit-testing or "functional" testing, which seemed to be
> a code-word for GUI/Web testing.

... well ... AFAIK, twill can be used together with doctest for web
testing. If this is the case (... I couldnt try twill because of what
*I think* is a bug ;) then doctests can be loaded by using either
doctest unittest API or dutest ... so this means that there is a way
to combine web testing and unittest ...

... and this is consistent with the roadmap I presented in a separate thread ...

... and the different states for the tests is similar to the warnings
UC I mentioned in a separate thread.

> I am hoping that a common test reporting system
> would still be something we could use

Is unittest.TestResult fine for you ? Yu can even extend the base
TestResult class and e.g. save your results in a Project Metrics
Repos, or do whatever you want with them ... is that ok ?

> I'd personally prefer to not have to
> re-invent the wheel. :)

+1 ... unittest.TestResult, and tools, are already there ... ;)

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/