[TIP] test results tracking, etc...

Douglas Philips dgou at mac.com
Sun Apr 5 18:22:32 PDT 2009

On or about 2009 Apr 5, at 1:07 PM, Vicki Laidler indited:
> I gave a lightning talk at the TIP BoF on a lightweight test
> management & reporting system we've developed. It's deliberately
> designed with loose coupling among the components so that any
> test runner that produces a compatible report can use the database
> and reporting interface. We've also got a nose plugin that generates
> a compatible
> report.

I actually was that BoF and while I'd like to say I remember specific
LTs at this point, I don't. noob overload probably.

> The system is called Pandokia, and I'll have a more detailed email
> out to the list and some documentation up on the web later this week.

Cool!

> We developed it for internal use so have a bit of work to do before
> it's ready for release, but we're aiming at releasing in a month or
> so.

Actually if you write up the docs and document the formats needed, I
like to see that spark a discussion here. I know Titus is in favor of
simplest-thing-that-could-possibly work, so I suspect that will be
Pass/Fail. Personally I prefer to hard-coded valus even in simple
systems. (The simplest code I know how to write is always "table-
driven" and usually doesn't need to know or care about specific values.)

Looking forward to seeing what you are able to "release".
Thanks!
	-Doug