[TIP] Test discovery for unittest

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sat Apr 4 15:40:53 PDT 2009

Robert Collins wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-04-04 at 04:02 +0100, Michael Foord wrote:
>

>> Thanks - I should look at using a test loader rather than importing the
>> modules and pulling out the test cases myself.
>>

> Done, attached.
>
> -Rob

Ha - good timing. I'd *just* committed a change to use the test loader -
basically using the same technique as you without the DiscoveringTestSuite.

http://code.google.com/p/unittest-ext/source/browse/trunk/discovery.py

Would be interested in which approach people prefer and what else should
be done before putting into unittest (integrating with unittest -m
command line args is the most important thing IMO).

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog