[TIP] Test discovery for unittest

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sat Apr 4 05:09:21 PDT 2009

holger krekel wrote:
> [...]
>> One can only hope it will get added to the Python core quickly.
>>

> Honestly, I don't get why people are eager to add code to
> python standard lib.  It will take years before one can
> actually recommend using it and it will not be usable for
> testing for multiple python versions.  All the large test
> suites and custom or general test runner out there already
> have or can easily provide their own support code.
>
> But i understand that people like the "addCleanup" idea and have
> used it in their test runner.  Maybe the idea is dead enough to
> enter the standard lib.
>
> holger

And why do they keep developing the language. Honestly its going to be
years before anyone gets to use Python 3 for anything practical, what an
enormous waste of time...

You're in a very negative mood Holger, you object in principle to people
improving unittest???

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/